Working for Studio Red entitles you to a whole host of perks and benefits, including:
• Equipment allowance
• Gym/Sports membership
• Activity games room
• Casual work environment
• Office and remote work
• Employee referral bonus
• 25 days paid time off, not including the Dutch public holidays
• No mandatory fun days or forced company events
• Personal learning & development budget
• Tea, coffee, and healthy snacks
• Birthday gifts
• Healthy work life balance
• Being able to suggest benefits for us to look at
For our international staff we ensure a smooth transition to coming to The Netherlands with extra support that includes:
• A tax-free relocation allowance
• Support with finding a house to rent in Breda
• Support with registering as a resident in Breda
• Support with acquiring a social security number
• Support with acquiring a DigiD number
• Support with health insurance
• Support with setting up a bank account
• Guide on how to reach Breda from either Eindhoven, Brussel or Schiphol airport
• Welcome guide to the Dutch culture, driving/riding rules and holidays
• 30% tax-free ruling application support*
*as an expatriate you may qualify for The Netherlands government tax-free ruling where employers may provide 30% of your gross salary tax free
A: Firstly this varies depending on the job role, but for game developers we want to see a portfolio of games you have worked on with clear information on the role and contributions made. Having a healthy motivation for making games, as well as being a decent person who communicates professionally is important. For any application make sure you address the points in the job description honestly.
A: We aim to respond to all applications within 10 working days. Be aware that holidays may impact this. That said, if it is more than 3 weeks you can always send a polite email reminder.
A: Given the confidential nature of the games being developed we do not allow visits or tours. The exception to this is if you are in a final round onsite interview and an NDA is in place.
A: No, we do not accept ideas or concepts. If you have a great game idea or concept then we encourage you to go for it, create, and publish!
A: Yes, we do. There are a limited number of places so please make it clear in your application the role you would like, portfolio of created games along with the role you played in making the game, as well as a reference from someone you have worked with. When internships are available you will see openings in the job listing with internship in the title.
A: Yes, we do. That said, however, we do need to ensure we have the free time and the right staff that will help your research be successful. We also need to ensure that there is an overlap in the area you want to research and our area of expertise. We prefer to work with Master level project based game studies. Please see the open application Student Researcher to apply.
A: We do have a flexible work policy, and some roles may have fully remote options available but this is the exception. Most of the team work at the studio, with some members working from home on certain days of the week.
@2023 Studio Red - All Rights Reserved